Are you looking for an easy way to organise fundraising opportunity for your local community project or group?
Then look no further! The Mount Pleasant Farmers Market Inc. is offering your sporting club, community service or school group the chance to fundraise with us!
We are looking for groups with volunteers that can staff the two main entrance gates of the Mount Pleasant Farmers Market, situated at Talunga Park, Mount Pleasant Showground for one or more markets. The markets are on every Saturday from 8am – 12noon.
Participants will be required to count number of people through the gates (done with a hand held counter that we supply) and ask Market attendees if they would like to make an optional gold coin donation.
Your club/organisation is asked to collect the optional gold coin donation we ask, for on-site parking from vehicles entering the grounds. Your club/organization will collect a minimum of $200.00 with the remaining amount dependent on what is collected over the morning. Please note: A percent of takings are retained by the Farmers Market to cover administration costs which is a not-for-profit community group.
What an easy mornings fundraising!!
Things you will need to know:
- Your Club/Community Group/School can sign up for a collection just once or you can book
yourselves in as many times as you like in a 6 month period.
- The Mount Pleasant Farmers Market will supply Hi-Vis Vest for your volunteers safety
- The Mount Pleasant Farmers Market will provide a site and safety induction for your volunteers
- You will need to provide all weather protection for your members
- Seats will be provided at both gates
- We suggest that the gates are staffed by two people at each gate; we usually divide the times into two hour blocks, to make it easier for the volunteers, not essential but a suggestion
- Some type of signage for the Sports Club/Community or School group must be provided to let donors know who they will be supporting on the day. It can be shirts, badges or posters. This will need to be discussed with and approved by the Farmers Market Manager
- All payments will be paid by cheque and paid monthly
- The Mount Pleasant Farmers Market would appreciate acknowledgement in any of your club/group publications (e.g. newsletters). An electronic copy of MPFM flyer will accompany the confirmation of dates by email
- We would also like to be informed of, if the funds raised have been used for anything special so that we can also write about it in our newsletter! Photos are appreciated as well.
Things you will need to do once you have decided to participate in the fundraising event.
- Decide on a date/s with your members
- Fill out the application form attached
- Once your date is confirmed with the Market Manager book it in your groups diary